POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: fidos
Date: 4 Feb 2008 15:10:01
Message: <web.47a7700bdcec6a9fd755690d0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'll try the box.  The sky_sphere is no good so far.

It is interesting to see how far you can go.

I have the feeling that radiosity is good for diffuse inter reflection between
objects (and smooth change of brightness). But it seems difficult to catch
correctly the direct light influence (the use of area light in addition to a
sky sphere may solve the problem of the smooth shadows).

Regards,
Fidos.