POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Candle Glow : Re: Candle Glow Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Candle Glow
From: Blue Herring
Date: 4 Feb 2008 10:15:00
Message: <web.47a72b3ed3ce556dce5ce3790@news.povray.org>
"Leef_me" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> --- Photo Alert - Photo posted as Povray rendering! ------
>
> Just kidding. Very nice work. Trevor's macro is indeed good, but your use gives
> inspiration in a different direction than his. Maybe I'll try my hand.

Heh, thanks very much!  Hope you share anything you come up with.

> So a Quayle makes a macro and a Herring uses it for a great result.

So would this make us the first Fish and Fowl remote collaboration? =)

> Can you provide render times?

Sure thing, I just re-rendered it to be sure the files I'm uploading work as
expected: Render/Total: 1 hours 12 minutes 49 seconds (4369 seconds)

This is on an Athlon XP 2400+ at 2Ghz, running a custom compiled POV-Ray 3.6.1
(no patches).

I was originally surprised it took as long as it did, as the scene isn't too
complicated.  Probably all the area lights, mixed with radiosity.

-The Mildly Infamous Blue Herring