POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another block : Re: Another block Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another block
From: H  Karsten
Date: 4 Feb 2008 08:55:01
Message: <web.47a71895a934f03138362eb40@news.povray.org>

> > I'm also thinking about this. Well.. blobs are primary round and organic. To be
> > like this geometry, the code has to use boxes ore something...
> > If I find a way to automate this process in PovRay code I'll share it :)
> >

> isosurfaces are the only way to use boxes in blobs.

I thought more to generate patterns, and then generate real boxes after it.
Something like this...

Means, animate a pattern and put boxes in the z-axes after it, like using a
"mosaic" effect in a graphics program. When a box in the picture is light enough
then, a 3D-box will being generated in PovRay.

-holger-