POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Feb 2008 09:55:01
Message: <web.47a5d4c7dcec6a9fce60c5620@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C453f8a68%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=260158&toff=50

> > > Funny because I arready used it to play. Here a pure result at low res ans
> > > stopped after a few iteration.
> >
> > hah!  I deserve it... :P
>
> Sorry for this affront...

hey, no problem.  I was just kidding.  I put the source there for anyone to play
with.  You dropped the main light_source, right?  But if I remeber correctly, I
used about 5 for recursion_limit.  Your front walls seem too dark, which lead
me to wonder if there is too low bouncing steps going on...

> Here a more carefull rendering of the scene. The bunny
> on the floor is interesting with the 2 soft shadows due to the 2 windows.

yes, well, it's really not visible in the original scene because I'd put a big
point light right before the doors/windows/whatever.  But the double shadows
from radiosity calculations is visible in the wall dividing the scene, which is
in shadow alone.

BTW, I think there's no way around it:  path tracing gets noise, radiosity gets
patches... :P