POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Feb 2008 07:35:00
Message: <web.47a5b3e1dcec6a9fce60c5620@news.povray.org>
"fidos" <fid### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Everything is solve at the rendering time (no pretrace for radiosity). It is the
> integration of the different light paths from the eye to the emissive lights
> that produce the image (no shadow ray, fong models, etc.).

dropping the classic algorithms... tsc, tsc... have your mother never teached
you to respect the elderly? :)

> The main advantage is that the image is more accurate. Moreover, the radiosity,
> costic, soft shadow and antialising is build in without any parameter tuning.

yes, to tell the truth, since povray has clipping problems with too high light
values, my efforts so far to produce such smooth AA in the windows as seen in
your picture are worthless...

> The main disavantage is the cpu cost and the residual noise in the picture.

and surely when pov4 comes out, we'll be all running 8GHz quadcores... :D