POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 : Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motecarlo path tracing with MegaPov 1.2.1
From: fidos
Date: 2 Feb 2008 15:35:00
Message: <web.47a4d36cdcec6a9fce311500@news.povray.org>
> > Here the first acceptable results with a scene from Tim Nikias
> > (http://www.nolights.de/).
>
> Looks very nice, but it would probably be more useful to compare
> it with a conventional render (the version on the website seems
> to use very different lighting). Also, to compare the render
> times between the two version (I assume introducing some
> sort of randomness is intended to speed things up?).

Here is a rendering with MegaPov 1.2.1 and with the radiosity settings has
provided in the original scene.

For the rendering time, it is around 6 times longer for the brute force
rendering  but there is a lot of rooms for optimisation...

Regards,
Fidos.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'prep4company_low_test_normal.02.jpg' (91 KB)

Preview of image 'prep4company_low_test_normal.02.jpg'
prep4company_low_test_normal.02.jpg