POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Honeymoon (WIP) : Re: The Honeymoon (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Honeymoon (WIP)
From: FlaPovFan
Date: 1 Feb 2008 00:45:00
Message: <web.47a2b119e487162d3b1f88e0@news.povray.org>
"RobF" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "FlaPovFan" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>

> > I'm impressed with the realistic look of the palm fronds.  The individual leaves
> > appear to be meshes.  Are they transformed in Pov-Ray to form the frond, or is
> > the entire frond a mesh?
>
> The fronds are solid meshes. The individual leaves come from the applied
> image_map with an alpha channel.
>
> The palm models are part of the "Lisa's Botanicals" at DAZ:
> http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4751&cat=236
>

> Rob.
> http://www.fitzel.ca/dart/

Thanks, Rob, for the information about the fronds.  I looked closely at them
again.  They're dead on, with the appearance of random deformities in
individual leaves.  Their placement on the side of the image, in close-up, is a
very effective way of highlighting the detailed accuracy.

I also like the presence of the lace curtains behind the windows, which gives an
additional feeling of depth.