POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bush-like oddity [71.8k] : Re: bush-like oddity [71.8k] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bush-like oddity [71.8k]
From: bluetree
Date: 29 Jan 2008 03:40:00
Message: <web.479ee58a1f92fdd5b14839e0@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The object is constructed by a total of three placement macros right now,
> with tertiary object, rand, classifier etc.. helper macros.
> It is very difficult not to treat macros like functions dammit!!
> At times I long for a good ol' "private void foo(....) {....}"!! :-(
>
> I've been messing with ways to make fractal-like trees/treelike objects, not
> really ever intended to look anything like an actual tree ever, but instead
> to re-learn sdl.

re-learn? wow. I have to LEARN it. ^^

> What is very funny is that I've made a rather nice one(not the posted one),
> but it is all inside out and backwards. lol!
> The big branches are where the little ones should go, whats on the inside is
> on the outside....just a general mess. hehe..

^^
So this one should get the name "Entropy". ;)

> I'm pretty sure I know what to do to fix it, right now it decrements
> iteration, and it uses that value recursively, so I'm just going to change
> to incerement, which should clear things up, I think.
>
> Ian

Sorry (still a beginner), it sounds pretty much work to generate these bushes.
But I think the result is worth to do it.
Later on you could use functions to put them almost randomly in a landscape.
Oh, that'll really look pretty. (Thinking of grass, flowers, bushes -> sweet
nature.)
So you get with your macros also other bushes-like shapes, I got it?
When will you show the next images? ;)

Regards
           bluetree