POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Find the Easter Egg : Re: Find the Easter Egg Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Find the Easter Egg
From: bluetree
Date: 28 Jan 2008 10:00:01
Message: <web.479ded746157788337391bc50@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> One window pane = 2 trace levels. You may have reatched the max_trace_level.
> Also, each face count against the radiosity recursion_limit.
> Anyway, it's effect is negligeable as the two faces are parallel.

I'm not really sure, if I've understood that, sorry. :)
So I had to use a max_trace_level of 7 instead of 5 and then I wouldn't have to
delete the window glass?

> > The plant pots have now two different textures for inside and outside.
> > I put a spot_light and an area light outside, opened the door and changed the
> > texture of the 'box' with the ferns.
> > But I made something wrong. Somehow the candlelights are not visible anymore, it
> > doesn't matter, what I tried to change, they don't look lighted anymore...
> The cause depend on what you use for those. Can you post the code for the candle
> flames? (on povray.binaries.scene-files)
> If you use a media, you may need to add "media on" in the radiosity block.

I'll post it. ;)
Thanks!
I thought it might be a problem, if the light source is surrounded by two sphere
sweeps, so there could be no light? Their texture isn't all transparent...
Don't want to confuse anybody by talking nonsense. ;)
Would it be better to post the whole scene (without image maps)?

Regards
              bluetree