POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making Cookies : Re: Making Cookies Server Time
8 Sep 2024 12:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Cookies
From: Blue Herring
Date: 14 Jan 2008 08:25:01
Message: <web.478b61994865a169ce5ce3790@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> I agree with you about the wood. After reducing the image gamma the grain looked
> good. My nit pick about the grout is that it is too clean and flat.
>
> An excellent image I like the focal blur and the way it is asymmetrical in the
> image. The viewpoint is a bit off putting after a couple of minutes looking at
> it. I felt that I was going to fall into the picture.

Thanks much, I wish I knew how exactly that focal effect occurred.  Focal blur
is actually off in this image, though I did play around with it.

I agree about the grout, part of the issue is probably due to not getting the
finish I wanted for the grout part of the texture.  Its actually the same
finish as the rest of the tile.  I'm going to try to add some more noise into
the normals as well.