POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making Cookies : Re: Making Cookies Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Cookies
From: Blue Herring
Date: 14 Jan 2008 08:20:01
Message: <web.478b60a04865a169ce5ce3790@news.povray.org>
> My mom says those eggs look *very* realistic, and I'd agree :)
>
> I also agree with nemesis, the wood needs some work.

Thanks!  I was pretty pleased with how the eggs came out.

I think perhaps the issue I'm having with the wood is that (and why I'm getting
different opinions about it) is that while its pretty close to the real spoon
it was modeled after (IMO), perhaps the texture's brighter than seems realistic
in a rendered image.  The original is a very light unfinished wood.

The texture is actually from the excellent wood pigments included with ISOWood,
(though the spoon is a mesh, not an isosurface.)  Specifically it uses pigment
P_IW_03 with color map CM_IW_Pine_03.