POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : radiosity and bunnies : radiosity and bunnies Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity and bunnies
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Jan 2008 21:35:01
Message: <web.478ac9d971649ad1bc417a150@news.povray.org>
I've been experimenting with radiosity lately and also learning some Blender to
get my hands dirty with some mesh stuff.  This scene is all CSG though, except
for the famous Standford Bunny, which I got converted from .ply to Blender
format and then to povray with povanim.  Excellent tools.

The scene is actually meant to emulate a scene from a lighting study scene in:
http://www.tresd1.com.br/viewtopic.php?t=8557&start=0

yes, there actually is a ready-to-use 3DS file there that Blender is even able
to import, except everything is out-of-place after the import.  I found it
faster (and more fun) to just rewrite it in povray...

I played with various radiosity settings and am using fairily quality setting
with high rendering times:  this one took 2:55 hours in a P4 2.66...

I found it good-looking, despite the severely blown out floor... :)

eventually, I may try take 2...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'radiosity_and_bunnies.png' (149 KB)

Preview of image 'radiosity_and_bunnies.png'
radiosity_and_bunnies.png