POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vector Test Results : Re: Vector Test Results Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector Test Results
From: stm31415
Date: 12 Jan 2008 00:30:00
Message: <web.478850034abdea3b2ba9a0ea0@news.povray.org>
Not to excuse my own incorrectness, it does bring up some interesting points.

I would say it's always been true (throughout the history of art) that a
precisely accurate portrayal isn't the most realistic. When we try to fool the
eye what we really must do is fool the mind --- and photorealism isn't always
the way to do that. "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some
strangeness in the proportion."

Also, context alters content. We saw the image in a context where we expect
rendered images. Just like Joshua Bell in a metro stop is readily ignored, a
photo out of context doesn't necessarily appear photographic.  Context is
always a factor to be considered in the creation and presentation of art.

I do congratulate her, however, on her alarmingly perfect skin.