POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Stereoscopic camera patch : Re: Stereoscopic camera patch Server Time
27 Apr 2024 15:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopic camera patch
From: alphaQuad
Date: 27 Dec 2007 13:05:00
Message: <web.4773e8dc3835376ebdaa378b0@news.povray.org>
If anyone knows the logic behind this parse error  (assuming I patched it right)
I might be awhile on this one. Stereoscopic-patch/megapov: Anyone tried this
yet?

keywords colored reserved

sky49_3d.pov  Line: 502
File Context (5 lines):
    stereoscopic
    zeroparallax
Parse Error: No matching } in 'camera', zeroparallax found instead

stereoscopic patch takes about 30 minutes to paste by searching adjacent line
(not line # as megapov is way off by now)
and works fine with povray 3.6 source. (11-file patch)

not the problem but something to think about if trying this patch with mpov:

Conflict with NTH_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME_PATCH (renderio.cpp)
params = Parse_Float() and opts.FrameSeq.FrameNumber

number_string never gets Parse_Float() the way I did this.
(still needs solution, if !0 is passed goes stereoscopic R/L)
ini animation bmps still number ok, apparently not part of
NTH_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME_PATCH

void setup_output_file_name(int stereoview)
{
/*#ifdef NTH_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME_PATCH
setup_nth_output_file_name(opts.FrameSeq.FrameNumber);
}
void setup_nth_output_file_name(int n)
{
#endif */

AND
    sprintf(number_string, "%0*d", opts.FrameSeq.FrameNumWidth,
 //#ifdef NTH_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME_PATCH
// n
//#else
opts.FrameSeq.FrameNumber
//#endif
);

USE setup_output_file_name() NOT setup_nth_output_file_name()
(parsestr.cpp)
#ifdef NTH_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME_PATCH
    CASE (OUTPUT_FILENAME_TOKEN)
      parseUnofficialFeature(110);
      GET (LEFT_PAREN_TOKEN);
      setup_output_file_name((int)Parse_Float());
      New = String_To_UCS2(opts.Output_Numbered_Name, false);
      setup_output_file_name(opts.FrameSeq.FrameNumber);
      GET (RIGHT_PAREN_TOKEN);
      EXIT
    END_CASE
#endif