POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Merry Christmas! : Re: Merry Christmas! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merry Christmas!
From: sooperFoX
Date: 18 Dec 2007 07:35:01
Message: <web.4767bdc19910aab1943b35b60@news.povray.org>
"Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> wrote:
> My best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2008!
>
> Thanks to:
> - Martial Rameaux for the Wooden floor
> - Trevor G Quayle for the flames
> - Alex Kluchikov for "terracotta" texture
> - Jeff for the Starry sky (not directly visible in the image)
>
> Full references and sources in p.b.s

Hi Paulo,

Looks nice! I guess the star cut-outs are filled in with glass, or the water
would leak out! :)

You still have a week before Christmas, that should be enough time to head on
over to Christoph Hormann's website and get his isowood plank macro. As it is
the wood texture looks very pixelated in the foreground, I think an isosurface
could really help.

http://www.imagico.de/raytracing.html  (Check out the tools and include files
section, but the rest is worth a read too!)

Can you make the candle flames less transparent? They're kind of hard to see.

Overall great concept. I would love to see it with area lights but it might take
until NEXT Christmas to render with those and the isosurface planks! hehehe

- sooperFoX