POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aeroplanes : Re: Aeroplanes Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aeroplanes
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 17 Dec 2007 13:45:00
Message: <web.4766c2b3cf321239c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Rob M" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Over the last several days I've been working on this image of Gnomish flying
> machines for the current TC-RTC stills round.
>
> I still need to add smoke trails and a few other things, and I thought I had 2
> more weeks to finish this, but I discovered this morning that the competition
> now closes 2 weeks before the end of the month. So, this is the version I'm
> forced to enter - thought I'd share it and get some feedback.
>
> Rob

This looks really good so far!

One note for you: how are you doing the motion blur?  Are you doing "real"
motion blur or is it faked using transparent discs or something?  For the near
plane on the furthest propeller, there is some specular reflection on it, I
would expect to see this 'smeared' across the motion blurred areas as well.
(as an aside, true motion blur would not leave a single static oject amongst
the motion blurred ones unless a flash or someting is used to highlight a
particular instant, but we often see it this way or assume it should be, so you
can take a little artistic license)

-tgq