POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just in time for Christmas, Hopefully : Re: Just in time for Christmas, Hopefully Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just in time for Christmas, Hopefully
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 15 Dec 2007 13:40:01
Message: <web.47641f2a33ad2e29b80d39510@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> > The bulb object is made from a lathe, using a linear_spline.
>
>   Try 'sturm', or my MeshLathe macro (from http://lib.povray.org/ ).
> The latter might even render faster...

I tried using Sturm.  It takes longer, and there's no appreciable improvement.
I suppose I could try the macro...

Is it at all possible that the problem comes from having too many control
points?  Current count is 3338 (I'll admit this may be overkill.}  Also, the
defect seems to move upward as the incident angle increases.

Thanks for the input,

A.D.B.