POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shiny shiny shiny : Re: shiny shiny shiny Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shiny shiny shiny
From: alphaQuad
Date: 9 Dec 2007 23:00:00
Message: <web.475cb9821bb4a81ea82d6a80@news.povray.org>
Not Shiny

Wow, Bill's experience really shows in 1st image of this thread.

Interested in the soft shadows, I attempt duplication.
I believe this was not Bill's method for the reflection in the apparent chrome.

#declare cb_=rgb<200,200,217>/255;
light_source {<10,10,0> color cb_*.4
#if (10)
    area_light z*20,y*20, 4,4 adaptive 1 jitter orient
#end
}
light_source {<0,10,-10> color cb_*.4
#if (10)
    area_light x*20,y*20, 4,4 adaptive 1 jitter orient
#end
}
#declare cb=rgb<200,200,200>/255;
light_source {<0,50,0> color cb*.5
#if (10)
    area_light x*20,z*20, 4,4 adaptive 1 jitter orient
#end
}

only minutes to render, then AA: 2 hours for this small image

I think Bill's entire scene would be most educational.

I see no reference to felt, fuzzy or furry.
(Exception: 3.5.12.6.4  Turbulence Warp octaves (fuzzy))
Sure looks like a gray felt platform to me.

Floor ambient 0.1, real low;
for the theory that it would
allow visibility of the effect of area lighting

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blob3.png' (150 KB)

Preview of image 'blob3.png'