POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB] : Re: Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB]
From: Janet
Date: 5 Dec 2007 23:45:00
Message: <web.47577dbb2440ca8db322507d0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> Apollo is a great contribution to the Poser community indeed. It has a
> couple of weaknesses that I hope will be ironed out in the future, but there
> is hardly an equivalent for real character building.
> I found (I think) a better way for belts and such in Poser, which is
> simply - when importing the belt object and setting its parent - to check
> the "inherit bends of parent" at the bottom. Then you can proceed with
> tightening it around the waist in - say - the first 10 frames of the
> simulation, and only afterwards change the pose of the figure. You may have
> to adjust the position of the belt during that phase however, as it may tend
> to drift a bit uncontrollably. So, it remains a careful business to perform.
>

> Thomas

Thanks for the info Thomas. I should try it out. I recently made a morphing belt
for Poser http://www.sharecg.com/v/19861/poser/Morphing-Belt-for-Poser-Figures
It was a really fun project. So now I'm all jazzed about creating more stuff
and I was looking at PhilC's Clothing Designer. You have it, right? Do you
like it? It looks like it would be great.

Thanks, Janet