POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advent Calendar : Re: Advent Calendar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advent Calendar
From: Leef me
Date: 5 Dec 2007 02:00:06
Message: <web.47564c2a2ebba048892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22J=E9r=F4me_M=2E_Berger=22?= <jeb### [at] freefr> wrote:

> Leef_me wrote:
> > Thierry decided to redefine the phrase "Advent Calendar".
> >
>  Thierry is hardly the only one to use this defiinition. Quoting
> from Wikipedia: "Advent calendars can also consist of cloth sheets
> with small pockets to be filled with candy or other small items." [1]
>
>   Jerome
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_calendar
> - --

Continuing the wikipedia article:

      "Many calendars have been adapted by merchandisers and manufacturers to
include a piece of chocolate or other confectionery behind each compartment.
These are often aimed at children who are counting down to Christmas and the
arrival of Santa Claus, and have often been criticised for not relating to the
Nativity and simply cashing in on Christmas sales."

And it looks like I am hardly the only one to complain about the change.

Leef_me