POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shiny shiny shiny : Re: shiny shiny shiny Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shiny shiny shiny
From: sooperFoX
Date: 4 Dec 2007 07:05:01
Message: <web.475540641bb4a81e943b35b60@news.povray.org>
Thanks Bill, that is a very amazing shape. So amazing, in fact, that I just had
to try it out myself. Being perhaps a little too eager I made it glass, and
added photons, radiosity and a "grid"... ;)

....Unfortunately, I find out too late, I think it slightly intersects the ground
plane. But it took about 2 and a half days to render in 2 threads on a
dual-core 2.4ghz PC so I won't be reattempting this until just before I go away
over Christmas. I would love to try it with an HDR background but I am not sure
how to get photons set up to shoot from a background image.

Anyway I thank you again -- I now have, at the very least, an interesting
wallpaper for my desktop!

sooperFoX

P.S. I have scaled back the quality settings a bit 'cause at high quality it was
still 462kb even as a JPEG (is that too big for this group?). If anyone would
like it though I will post the full version upon request (original render is
+w1280 +h1024 +a0.0 +am2).

> "Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> > "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > > Just playing with HDR probes in MegaPOV.
> > They look really nice. I like that shape - a lot!!
>
> I thankyou.
>
> #macro Knot(a)
>   (<sin(a) + 2*sin(2*a), 1.25*sin(3*a), cos(a) - 2*cos(2*a)>)
> #end
> blob {
>   threshold 0.9
>   #local ang = 0;
>   #while (ang < 2*pi)
>     sphere { Knot(ang), 1.5, 0.5 }
>     #local ang = ang + 0.01;
>   #end
>   pigment { color Black }
>   finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 reflection { 1 } } }
>
> Enjoy.
> :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: