POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advent Calendar : Re: Advent Calendar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advent Calendar
From: Leef me
Date: 4 Dec 2007 02:55:00
Message: <web.475507a62ebba048892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 03.12.2007 19:57, Leef_me nous fit lire :
>
> > The point of my analogy was to show that some things are defined.
> > If you wish to color your trees Blue for effect, it is fine.
>
> Why "for effect" ? If you ever ask some Japanese/Chinese people
> about the colours of grass, sky, sea, lake, and dark forest you
> might be surprised by 98% of the answering people: same!
> What you call Blue is an English concept. It convert relatively fine
> within western cultures.

I was writing to a person claiming French not Japanese/Chinese.
We therefore hold the same meaning if not the same spelling.
Your adding the information about other cultures is not applicable in this
context. However, I didn't know those items appear similar, maybe I learned
something.

> There is no point in assuming one's culture is right and the other's
> cultures are wrong: the translation in English of the title might
> have been hazardous, but instead of pinpointing details, you should
> simply enjoy the offer.

Thierry decided to redefine the phrase "Advent Calendar".

This is the error, dismissing the existing definition.

And when I commented on his error and explained why it was error, he had no
recourse but to the discussion "with compassion" by referring to me as
"religious extremist" "your closed mind"

Leef_me