POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advent Calendar : Re: Advent Calendar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advent Calendar
From: gRRosminet
Date: 3 Dec 2007 04:35:01
Message: <web.4753cd1d2ebba0487f0f34330@news.povray.org>
"Leef_me" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Because Christmas is about Christ!!!!
> Because "Advent Calendar" has ONLY ONE meaning Advent of Christ!
>
> It's like saying rgb<1,0,0> is Blue....... It is factually inaccurate.
>
> Leef_me

You might not base yourself on appearances. In english, christmas is based on
"christ" because the religious side of this event has been felt as the most
important. In italian it is "Natale", for the same reasons. In french we say

Christ because the relation between the population and the religion is weaker.
All this to say that an event can not have only one meaning : this meaning will
be different from one person to an other. To use your analogy, "blue" can
represent the sky as well as the water.