POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advent Calendar : Re: Advent Calendar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advent Calendar
From: Leef me
Date: 2 Dec 2007 13:30:00
Message: <web.4752f7742ebba048892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
Thierry CHARLES <thierry@_no_spam_les-charles.net> wrote:
> Hello !
>
> The french Povray's community is proud to announce you the Advent
> Calendar 2007. All you have to do is to follow this link :
> http://avent.les-charles.net
>
> Have a nice day !
>
> Thierry
> http://qtpoveditor.sf.net

Hello Thierry,

The pictures are nice, but this is not an Advent Calendar.

An Advent calendar is a special calendar used by some Christians to count the
days of Advent.

The calendar reminds us of the coming of Jesus as a baby...
  and the Second Coming of Jesus as King.

Advent - from the Latin word advenio,
   meaning "to come", "the coming of Christ our saviour"

Adventus is the Latin word for "coming"

Leef_me