POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : win98se mingw povray : Re: win98se mingw povray Server Time
6 May 2024 02:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: win98se mingw povray
From: alphaQuad
Date: 1 Dec 2007 13:55:01
Message: <web.4751ad4ed201812e8ab72f490@news.povray.org>
> I NEVER tried to build the GUI with MinGW. Because I never needed it.
>
> PlaySoundA and ImageList_Create are probably being called *from*
> cmedit.dll, they are part of the Windows API.

something to do with LDFLAGS=

using the environment var LDFLAGS:
ld returns error not found for being incorrectly set;
atleast we know ld is listening.

 ... something about .a files?

what is a .a file?

more later when/if I figure this out.

wouldnt it be great if one wanted to compile this and found complete info.
my motivation is not finding such info it myself.

http://www.mingw.org/docs.shtml
its gotta be here somewhere