POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : texture interpolation... why rgb ? : Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 30 Nov 2007 09:00:01
Message: <web.4750173f2088bdecc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
Having seen the differences between the different colour spaces, I think rather
than trying to figure out which is right or wrong (as opinion on this can vary
drastically)  I think it could be of use to be able to implement this in future
POV versions (likely POV4) provided efficient conversion algorithms can be made
(my HSL/HSV algorithm is SDL function based and renders quite slow compared to
the regular RGB gradient).  Anywhere a pattern gradient can be applied, be able
to specify the colour space to use (RGB being default) and have whatever colour
spaces can be properly set up (HSV,HSL,YUV, etc.)

-tgq