POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : texture interpolation... why rgb ? : Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 29 Nov 2007 16:50:00
Message: <web.474f33422088bdecc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Here's a better version of the original one without gamma f***ing it up.  (I
> have to stop using PNG, it causes nothing but gamma problems for me).  You can
> still see the big differences, particularly between red and green or blue.
>
> The HSL doesn't look to bad here, but I still prefer the RGB (HSV is completely
> out...)
>
> -tgq

Here's an intersting take on this one.  The transitions are converted to
equal-weighting grayscale (r=g=b=0.333).

Of particular note is the transition from red to blue or green, where the gray
value increases then decreases for both the HSV and HSL, however not as
drastically for the HSL.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: