POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling POVRAY 3.5 using VC6.0 in Release Mode : Re: Compiling POVRAY 3.5 using VC6.0 in Release Mode Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling POVRAY 3.5 using VC6.0 in Release Mode
From: alphaQuad
Date: 27 Nov 2007 10:50:00
Message: <web.474c3bce791be38299dcdadb0@news.povray.org>

> A non-NT based version of Windows could be a problem... I'm not sure.

OK did this:
 *Install MSYS (MinGW)*

 - This is a Minimal SYStem providing a self hosted
 mingw32 target POSIX style environment.

> *Download Linux source code for POV-RAY*
>
> *Run MSYS, build and link UNIX POV-Ray for Windows:*

wth?
does this page have anything to do with compiling pov3.6 for win on mingw?
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-May/msg00210.shtml

what is the vanilla universe?
what is the standard universe?

I am betting withOUT some serious instructions here ...... splat!

I see on the net a ref to ming "GUI", but no icon to a gui has yet been defined.
looks like maybe a command line compiler. maybe both?