POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Full area lighting in next beta : Re: Full area lighting in next beta Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full area lighting in next beta
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 22 Nov 2007 12:55:00
Message: <web.4745c14b1489f6c85e1e98150@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   At least for now the full illumination will by default be off (so it
> will work as currently), but it can be turned on with a new keyword inside
> the light_source definition block.

Warp,

Coming in late to this thread I'm afraid, but I thought I'd add my thanks for
implementing this feature. Should add a lot to realism.

Is this option available in beta 23, or will we need to wait for beta 24 to test
this? I've lost track of when b23 came out.

On a related area light point, do you know if the area light axes transform bug
(as noted in
http://news.povray.org/web.4694c449b02d2b905e1e98150%40news.povray.org ) will
be fixed in b24? It's still there in b23.

Mike.