POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fall Forest : Re: Fall Forest Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fall Forest
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 19 Nov 2007 06:25:00
Message: <web.4741720730e052eadd21a49b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Jan Dvorak" <jan### [at] centrumcz> schreef in bericht
> >>
> > Perfect.
> > If you've got plenty of time try to add a focal blur :-)
>

> No! No! No focal blur in this image! There is nothing in the foreground that
> needs 'focus'!
>
> Thomas

Focal blur can be neat in some images, as has been said, but not in this image
as it currently is.  For it to work in this picture, I would either need some
twigs or some kind of detail in the foreground to be blurry and the landscape
in focus, or I could perhaps place some very detailed autumn leaves (blowing in
the wind) right next to the camera, focusing on those and have the forest
blurry.  But either way, I would have changed the image drastically.

> PS Great images, Kirk!!

Thank you!