POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Island WIP 2 : Re: Island WIP 2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Island WIP 2
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 14 Nov 2007 21:15:01
Message: <web.473bab39b259c0dddd21a49b0@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:

> Absolutely beautiful right now.
>
> If you want some more nits picked :-) some little fiddly problems I see:
>
> The water colors look like a tropical setting (and from the previous
> discussion, I think that's what you wanted), but the trees do not look
> like tropical trees.
>
> Also, the ripples on the water look more like a lake than an ocean.
> Making them look right for an ocean would be tricky, though, so I
> wouldn't blame you for ignoring it. ;-)
>
> But seriously, this is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm starting to
> think about stealing it for desktop wallpaper.
>
> Are you using media in the atmosphere at all? It feels like there's
> scattering media or luminous bloom going on around the mountains or
> trees, but I can't actually see it when I look close. I'm not sure what
> you did, but it looks amazing. Your lighting is fantastic.
>
> Beautiful. :-)

Thank you.  No media, but I did add just a bit of luminous bloom.  And you're
right, I need some palm trees if I wanted to be realistic.  As for the water, I
think to improve it from here would probably require an isosurface or
heightfield, and I don't know that I want to mess with that at this point!