POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water : Re: water Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water
From: Leef me
Date: 14 Nov 2007 14:15:01
Message: <web.473b48fd1408cf6c2a7b15450@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > "Woland" <ziz### [at] wppl> wrote:
> > > hello.
> > > I'm trying to make real looking water. This is first attempt. Any sugestions?
> >

> Another little trick to try is adding premapped caustics.  Have a look at the
> ones found here:
> http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/~stam/reality/Research/PeriodicCaustics/index.html
>

> -tgq

Take a look at the rest of Jos Stam's website, especially
http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/~stam/suomi/stam/aperiodic.html

I don't understand the background info about caustics
but maybe this guy does -- and a Caustics Generator, open source, free!
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~kand/caustics/

He also references Jos Stam's website

HTH,
Leef_me