POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Island WIP : Re: Island WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Island WIP
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 14 Nov 2007 12:35:00
Message: <web.473b31bea0d9e2c3c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> More!
>
> One thing I noticed is that your water is a little brown.  This is because, the
> material as I posted it was for a pond which was to be a little muddy.  You can
> change the scatterign colour to get a different effect and remove the muddiness.
>  Try using either the water colour (WCol) or even white (the absorption media
> included will also affect the colour).

And a little more...

I found this page very useful for water and light information, especially
regarding scattering efffects, absorption and colour:

http://www.seafriends.org.nz/phgraph/water.htm

The water colour I used in the example I had posted is realtional to coastal
type water and has more greenish to it.  Have alook at the difference with
oceanic water, which should be similar to what you want.  A better colour based
on the link above would be perhaps:

rgb <0.4, 0.85882, 0.90196>

-tgq