POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Island WIP : Island WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Island WIP
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 13 Nov 2007 13:30:02
Message: <web.4739ecbb3fd3c4bddd21a49b0@news.povray.org>
"Welcome to the Island.  I hope you enjoy your stay.  Please place lots of
suggestions for improvements in the box below..."

Island is isosurface with a wrinkles pattern.  There are no actual trees or
vegetation on the Island for now, just textures.  The sky is merely a sky
sphere at this point.

I'm having trouble with the water:  I would like to get the effect of the
turquoise color around shallow waters and sandy beaches, so I'm using ior and
fade_power setting, but I can't seem to get them right.  If someone has more
experience using the interior fade settings, I'd appreciate some
recommendations.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mountains01.jpg' (560 KB)