POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image : Re: image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image
From: alphaQuad
Date: 9 Nov 2007 14:10:01
Message: <web.4734b0432a06dfe980c7eb9a0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht
> >
> > both achieved thanx to Thomas helping out. Thanks a million Thomas!
> >

> Bill Pragnell is the one to thank  :-)
> I am only his 'voice piece' :-)
>
> Thomas

I didn't see Bill. Could not have learned this much without you. Thanks.

No less than 4 refinements:
Lunar bump implemented for more detail
This affected dark-side of moon blending out completely with mapped BG-plane
Light angle syntax-mistake corrected (input is degrees doh)
Vicky's lighting color brings a glow to her, matching the scene

Use of BG-plane leaves default black sky. The effect is lighting water texture
with minimum foreground scene color absorption

I am thinking the inverse sphere method is what removes color absorption from
sky to foreground scene, but no water texture lighting.

The difference in the final product is seen.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'waterscene_11_aq.jpg' (616 KB)

Preview of image 'waterscene_11_aq.jpg'
waterscene_11_aq.jpg