POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Full area lighting in next beta : Re: Full area lighting in next beta Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full area lighting in next beta
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 6 Nov 2007 16:10:00
Message: <web.4730d7351489f6c8c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Warp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/05 22:19:
> > Trevor G Quayle <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >> 1) System variables to return the resolution of an input image.  This appears to
> >> be already available in the source code, just not passed on to the SDL.
> >
> >   This should definitely be doable, but I'll have to ask the team about
> > their opinion. (Cons: Minor feature, increases reserved keyword clutter...)
> >

> We already have image_width and image_height, why not reuse it with this
> variation: when included with an image that is loaded, it returns the dimentions
> of that image instead of that of the rendered image.
> It could look somewhat like:
>
> image_map{jpg "MyImage.jpg" Width = image_width, Height = image_hight, [your
> other parameters]}

Unfortuneately image_map can't be declared explicitly like:
#declare A=image_map{jpg "MyImage.jpg"} so using it this way would require it to
be applied to something (mind you it could be just a dummy pigment, but this
seems un-neat to me).

I would see it working more similar to min_extent/max_extent maybe:

#declare A=resolution{jpg "MyImage.jpg"};

or perhaps min_extent/max_extent could be reused to avoid adding a new
keyword(in this case min_extent would always be <0,0> or it could be just left
out)

-tgq