POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Full area lighting in next beta : Re: Full area lighting in next beta Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full area lighting in next beta
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 5 Nov 2007 21:30:01
Message: <web.472fd0be1489f6c82ae8612c0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Now if you could also add feature XYZ as well... ;-)
>
>   If it's not something which will require me to work for a week
> 10 hours a day, or something which will require a rewrite of the
> parser, I'mlistening.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Oops, followed this up on the wrong thread...

Two things I'd be interested in:

1) System variables to return the resolution of an input image.  This appears to
be already available in the source code, just not passed on to the SDL.

2) Separate ior for fresnel reflection (in finish block) to allow for better
texture mapping.  I use fresnel quite often, however if I want to map something
like chrome text on a glass block, I would have to model them separately as they
both don't use the same ior.

Just suggestions, however they would be adding to the key word pool.  I've been
wanting to write a patch to do this myself regardless, just don't have the time
to look into how to compile it...

-tgq