POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image : Re: image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image
From: alphaQuad
Date: 4 Nov 2007 17:50:00
Message: <web.472e4c5b2a06dfe95b922c2d0@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:
> three layers:
> moon (prerendered)
> occlusion (probably grouped with the moon)
> sky (transparent)
> or:
> moon (sphere)
> an actual atmosphere (not as slow as you might think)
>
> the first variant is probably easier to do.

pre-rendered? that draws a blank.

it seems the right way, is to do the moon as seen here,
only with a cloud atmosphere between it and camera.

need more info on:
sky (transparent)
pre-rendered

I was able to remember vicky's hair and did this.

#declare p_map1=pigment {image_map{jpeg "moon" interpolate 2 transmit all 0
filter all 0} }
#declare p_map2=pigment {image_map{png "moontr" interpolate 2 }}

#declare halfmoon = texture{ pigment{ p_map1} }

#declare half_moon =  material {
texture { pigment_pattern{ p_map2}
texture_map { [ 0 pigment{Clear} ]
             [  1 halfmoon       ]