POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matellic Sun : Re: Matellic Sun Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matellic Sun
From: danbo
Date: 2 Nov 2007 00:40:00
Message: <web.472ab75dc215a85ecf56688d0@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Please show us script for this water. Want to compare it to water I have, see if
> I can comprehend water.

Yes, sir, here it is

//---------------------------- water definition
plane{y,-10 rotate x*-00
        texture {
                T_Chrome_2D
                normal{
                        waves 0.15
                        frequency 5000
                        scale 4000
                        }
                }
                filter 0.9
                pigment{color <0.3,0.4,0.85>*0.6}
        }
//--------------------------- other solutions..

Today I am working with random functions to produce a more realistic area of
water. But if you have a look on internet, you'll find interesting macro about
it.
with functions like 'isosurfaces, sin, cos, seed, rand, height_field' you can
have fun to find the soution you want to apply.
If you have any problem of representation during rendering, because you can find
that waves are to much parallel, for instance, make an y rotation of a few
degrees  to change this aspect.

To day, I try to intersect functions and make union, but with very single
functions, only to reduce the number of lines of my codes with water planes.

Have fun