POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unoriginal Spheres : Re: Unoriginal Spheres Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unoriginal Spheres
From: Alfonso Vicente Zurdo
Date: 26 Oct 2007 04:45:00
Message: <web.4721a7907a054e05dcf28f350@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <rre### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Very nice.  I'm not too good with convincing textures, but I like yours.
> Perhaps a little light.  Does ambient = 0?  Because I forgot and used a
> slight negative light inside all mine to add contrast.

I used Jaime's studio lighting
(http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Studio_lighting_kit) to do the
scene, and a basic metal textures for the linked stars.

> And I sure hope you
> don't mean you formed all the bridges independently.  That would be a lot of
> work.  As long as you use the select similar command, you only have to edit
> one face as long as they all stay perfectly (!) symmetric.

Yes, all brigdes are individually and manually modeled.

If you want, I can post here the wings3d file with the basic model, only 784
polygons, with all bridges modeled.