POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unoriginal Spheres : Re: Unoriginal Spheres Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unoriginal Spheres
From: triple r
Date: 25 Oct 2007 21:35:01
Message: <web.4721436c7a054e0588727a860@news.povray.org>
"Alfonso Vicente Zurdo" <kba### [at] gmailcom>
> Wow! Pretty images, of course.
>
> I followed the tutorial, and I've created a similar shape with Wings3D. A
> lot of work. There's no way to do a multisegment bridge between two faces
> automatically, all must be a hand work.
>
> But I'm happy with the result. Hope you like it.

Very nice.  I'm not too good with convincing textures, but I like yours.
Perhaps a little light.  Does ambient = 0?  Because I forgot and used a
slight negative light inside all mine to add contrast.  And I sure hope you
don't mean you formed all the bridges independently.  That would be a lot of
work.  As long as you use the select similar command, you only have to edit
one face as long as they all stay perfectly (!) symmetric.  I'll post a
rendering when it's done.

 - Ricky