POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photon speckles : Re: Photon speckles Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon speckles
From: sooperFoX
Date: 25 Oct 2007 06:30:00
Message: <web.47206f316a7782f5943b35b60@news.povray.org>
What happens if you translate the cone upwards by about half the width of
that ring there? Do you still get the speckles then?

If you'd like to share the source of your speckles cone scene I'd be happy
to play with it to try and see what is doing it (or better, to stop it!)

I would also like to see what happens when increasing the resolution of your
render to include only the cone at about/above 1200x1600 or so... what do
the speckles look like then? Maybe it can give some clue as to what is
happening. I have a reasonably fast dual-core PC, so again, I'd be happy to
try this for you on either POV 3.6/3.7 or MegaPOV 1.21 -- which, by the way,
are you using?

Cheers
-- sooperFoX