POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earthroot : Re: Earthroot Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earthroot
From: Chambers
Date: 24 Oct 2007 12:00:00
Message: <web.471f6bf9ae39bd9b261d9700@news.povray.org>
"Rob M" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> Cool idea, I loved those old Covenant trilogies! Is "Fatal Revenant" the
> followup to "Runes of the Earth" or did I miss a book already?

"Fatal Revenant" is the second in the new tetralogy, and was released less
than two weeks ago.  SRD was actually here in Portland for a book signing,
so I got to meet him as well :)

We went in planning to buy just FR, but ended up buying the entire 2nd
trilogy, as well as a second copy of Runes (they had the UK paperback
edition, which has a much better cover).

Back on the subject of the image, though, I converted the ceiling to a HF,
which made it render about 30x faster with acceptable results.  I'm having
trouble finding a good function for the water, though.