POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unoriginal Spheres : Re: Unoriginal Spheres Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unoriginal Spheres
From: triple r
Date: 22 Oct 2007 17:35:01
Message: <web.471d17287a054e0588727a860@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:

> maybe you can try to subdivide the faces of the bridge once, moving the
> inner loop, and eventually subdividing again. You just have to make the
> corresponding edges hard/soft

Only problem is you can't really move anything manually if you want to
preserve symmetry.  You have to select the similar faces and use commands
that treat them identically.  Maybe you could subdivide and move opposite
edges normal to the face.  Hard to explain.  But maybe.  Thanks for the tip
though.  Perhaps it gets me thinking in what might be the right direction.

 - Ricky