POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) : Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1)
From: Janet
Date: 21 Oct 2007 12:55:00
Message: <web.471b831fbb33e2ddf2a6e2870@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>.... What I want now is
> some unbiased opinion about the *looks* of the figure under different
> conditions.
The first one is better than the rest. You might need to work on the
materials a bit. ;) You can add some wave to the hair in Poser using the
kink settings, I think that would help a lot. Will PoseRay translate the
kink? The reason I ask is becasue maybe it doesn't ... the head hair
doesn't appear to meet the scalp correctly (which would appear to happen in
the conversion).  Another thing that might work is if you had 2 hair props.
A sparser one along the edges where beard meets clean shaven, and a thicker
one for the rest of the beard area. I also think it falls straight down too
fast.

Janet