POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator : Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 19 Oct 2007 22:00:00
Message: <web.47196091c27b9d47e1bc26d0@news.povray.org>
> One thing that could be done to give more "deepth" to the windows: Instead of
> using white for them, use transparent! Then, add an other instance of the tower
> inside the first one, slightly scaled down around it's axis. Give that iner
> element a high ambient. Using white of gray can be enough, but you can also use
> any pattern you like or some image_map.
> Now, if you do a night scene, you use radiosity, the windows will actualy shine
> and illuminate the neigoring towers.
>
> --
> Alain

I understand what you're saying--but after thinking about it, I don't think
it will have any different result.  The windows are already using ambient.
Now, if I make the windows transparent, but put a layer behind it that is
fully ambient, no one could tell that it was any different than the way it
is now.  Am I thinking about this correctly?