POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Pumpkins : Re: Pumpkins Server Time
1 Sep 2024 10:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pumpkins
From: Allen
Date: 19 Oct 2007 14:20:01
Message: <web.4718f41048abbed747101aad0@news.povray.org>
> Hi again Allen,
>
> Inspired by your request, I've done a little more work on the pumpkin and
> published an enhanced version (still at http://lib.povray.org).
>
> The new version generates the pumpkin from a macro with options for how
> regular the shape is, how many segments it's made of, whether to cut a
> Halloween face in it and whether or not it has lights in it. I've randomised
> a lot of stuff so you can call the macro multiple times within the same
> scene and get different pumpkins each time. I've added an HTML document to
> describe all of the optional settings available (which all have defaults).
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

I have done a little work on this macro.  The code isn't cleaned up yet, but
It is at least a start on the idea.  First thing was just playing around
with the model to see what it could do.  Next I started to implement the
idea I have been thinking about for a while.  To change the carving on the
pumpkin, all you have to do is change the png file.

Make sure that the png is black and white, or it won't work.  Here's a
photoshop tut for making pumpkin carving patterns.
1) Open Image
2) Ctrl+Shift+U     De-saturates the image.
3) Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast
    Contrast 100%... Brightness around -50
4) Ctrl+Shift+E     Flattens Image
5) Save as png

Enjoy!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pumpkin_plutonicedit.zip' (88 KB)