POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OBJECT* vs Povray Objects : OBJECT* vs Povray Objects Server Time
3 May 2024 14:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  OBJECT* vs Povray Objects
From: Antonio Ferrari
Date: 16 Oct 2007 08:00:01
Message: <web.4714a6f19145725a4e64f15d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I have two questions:

- 1 - Objects stored into OBJECT struct are the same declared in POV files?
Suppose you write:

union {
  sphere { .......... }
  sphere { .......... }
}

In memory the sphere will be indipendent and referenced by two different
pointers or in memory I'll find only an OBJECT reference to the union?

I expect only one pointer to union, since Parse_Inside receives a generic
OBJECT*; is it true?

- 2 - Let's suppose we are parsing a density inside a media. When
Evaluate_TPat is called it receives a pointer to INTERSECTION struct. Is
there the possibility to have this pointer not NULL for such a kind of
density? I ask this question because I need that INTERSECTION->OBJECT is a
pointer to the OBJECT that contains the density that Evaluate_TPat is
evaluating.

Bye,
A.