POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D : Re: Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D Server Time
1 May 2024 17:43:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D
From: Jim
Date: 15 Oct 2007 21:30:01
Message: <web.471413c97427a7a791227f400@news.povray.org>
Tiger <nos### [at] nospam> wrote:
> [...]
> Parse Error: Illegal character in input file, value is 02.
> Total Scene Processing Times
> [...]
>
> What does that mean, and what can I do in order to fix it?

What it means is that there is an error in the input, and the rendering
can't continue until it is fixed.

Unfortunately you have not included the portion of the error message which
immediately precedes what you posted. You need to get the information which
will tell you the "File:" and provide (5 lines) of "File Context." From
there, you can figure out what file is causing the problem - and possibly
correct it.

From what is displayed, I'd guess that an ASCII "02" character has somehow
gotten into the file you're using, and that is causing problems. I have
seen similar bad problems (including crashing MegaPOV) when ^C and other
non-printable made it into some SDL files I was using.

Hopefully this helps you out at least some.