POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Beta updates Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Beta updates
From: dkanter
Date: 4 Oct 2007 14:50:01
Message: <web.4705357113e6cb678255f2850@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I really appreciate the work that you guys are all doing to incorporate new
features, such as multi-threading into POV-Ray.  I use POV-Ray for reviews,
not for actual production rendering.

One area that I've found a little frustrating is that typically beta
releases, such as 22, expire after a month.  Unfortunately, the follow-on
beta releases are rarely put online in a timely fashion - today is the 4th,
and there is no beta 23 available.  This means I have to change my system
clock to get the old beta to work.

First of all, does anyone know when beta 23 will be released?  Second, would
the developers consider removing the date checking in betas?  I understand
the rationale behind it, but it seems like a very user-unfriendly feature,
especially when there isn't always a current beta available.

Thanks,

DK